Gm Tech II Introduction:
Model name:GM tech2
Software Version:Different model,different version.
Languages:English/ German/ Spanish/ Japanese/ French/ Italian and others.
A lot of info I found on the forum about TECH2 diagnostic tool for dianosing GM, SAAB, OPEL, SUZUKI, Holden, ISUZU,but there are few articles on introducing its software running computer, here I will do some review on it.
Well you have a Tech2 but a lot of the things you would like to do is locked out because you don’t have access to the computer software to allow you to do it. Things like updating PCM’s and modules and anything security related are locked out. I paid €329 for the ChineseTech2 clonewhich comes with a CD with the Tis2000 software. The quality of this is amazing. i wouldnt never be able to tell it was a clone.As I know, this tech2 software support vehicles diagnostic & program from 1992 to 2013, it is enough for me.
Then i want to talk about its running computer, thanks to some forum friends, they share these experience with me.
The Tech2 communicates with the computer using a serial port on the computer running Windows XP SP3. This can be a problem if you only have newer computers. Best and easiest scenario is to use an older laptop computer that has a serial port running windows XP.
In my setup, I used an old IBM T40 laptop, which is fairly decent processor wise, installed a fresh copy of Windows XP SP3 and used a docking station with it that has a serial port. Laptops that have actual serial ports built in are probably so old that they are too slow or have age and reliability issues. Another solution would be to get a USB to serial port adapter and specify the proper COM port number during the install of Tis2000.
Another possible solution would be to use a virtual environment on a host computer. VMWare is free to use and it has been done from what I read but could be a fairly involved process because of the serial port issue, especially when using a USB to serial adapter. The challenge of communicating from the virtual environment through the real computer’s hardware ports can make it difficult but can be done. I’m not going to discuss this type of installation but the basic software installation and use will be the same.
In some detail, this is what I did. Keep in mind that you should have some computer knowledge and know how to install Windows 32bit.
- Installed a fresh copy of Windows XP SP3. I didn’t bother with updating anything else as far as security updates to Windows or install a virus scan because this computer will never be connected to the Internet or used for anything else.
- Installed ALL the required drivers until there were no more yellow check marks in Device Manager. I failed to do this at first and caused a lot of headaches later, including a BSOD during software installation.
- If you’re using a USB to serial adapter, plug it in now and set it up. Go into Device Manager and make note of the COM port used by the adapter.
- Install the Tis2000 software from the CD included with the Tech2. During the install, it will ask you to specify the COM port. If you have a serial port on the computer, it’s probably COM 1 or use the one from the USB adapter.
- Before you can use Tis2000 with your Tech2, you have to make it “think” that there is a dongle connected that authorizes it. You can download the crack below. Follow the read me file for instructions on how to use it.
That’s all I share with you.
And if you need them:
24hour Online Customer Service: