What is so unique about Autel AutoLink AL619 OBDII CAN Scanner?
Things We Liked
The Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool has the following strong points when it comes to its use;
—1. Reliability- having several additional points working together to achieve one basic goal can really be quite fantastic when it comes to this OBD2 scan tool. For instance, the audio and visual aids are all meant to assist the technician with getting the requisite data.
—2. Wide user base- with its impressive ability to code across OBD1, OBD2 and CAN, it is clear that this scan machine is likely to find its usage across several motor vehicle ranges. Moreover, the OBD2 compliance rate was found to cover a wide range of vehicles both old and new.
—3. High quality and aesthetic value- the physical look of the Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool is awesome. In addition to this, its ability to scan well is due to its high resilience rate. These two combined, make its use to be rather popular.
—4. Budget friendliness in terms of cost- the services provided notwithstanding, the scan machine is sold at friendly price. In spite of its features, it is one scan machine that has endeared itself to its user due to its low cost.
Things We Didn’t Like
Using this scan tool may involve the following weak points;
Inability to print data into hard copies- though this scan machine can be connected to a PC or any other external device during its installation, it has no ability to print hard copies. This is the reason why in spite of the fact that the technician may wish to have hard copies, printing may be an uphill task.
Looking at the scan tool and its user guide, you will not fail to notice the following features
- It has an ability to diagnose and erase both the anti lock backing system (ABS) and the safety restraint system (SRS). These two safety nets are quite important; the enabling codes assist the technician in getting to rectify any fault.
- Has a wide compatibility with several OBD1, OBD2 and controlled area network (CAN) compliant vehicles. The compatible Vehicles range from several Asian and European made OBD2 car brands.
- It has a rich mix of both manufacturer specific and an array of other generic code, the major contributor to its compatibility. Its coverage therefore is almost on the global scale considering this.
- An instant messaging (IM) which give the technician and the owner the capacity to get live data feeds, the ability to check the status emissions saves time. This expedites the process of corrective measures in the course of OBD2 coding and repairs. The most unique thing here is the ability to access the data just by one click button.
- It has an in-built audio technique, which gives live sound on the areas worth attending to. The 3 minute tone also informs the technician when the vehicle has been fully scanned and repaired. This is further supported by a visual feature through the color LEDs which also blink when the vehicle engine is ready.
- It is reasonable in size measuring about 70.9 x 31.5 x 102.4 inches, a relatively large but suitable considering the enabling accessories. In addition, it weighs 2 pounds which is rather light for its size. These two features combined aid in its storage and navigation while using and after.
- Several other professionally oriented components like the drive cycle monitors.